A type of hatha yoga characterized by a set series of postures and breathing exercises, performed in a room heated to a very high temperature.
- ‘Several thousand instructors nationwide are certified to teach Bikram yoga.’
- ‘Of course, Bikram yoga isn't the only popular practice right now.’
- ‘I practise Bikram yoga and visit a spa for a manicure, pedicure, waxing and a facial.’
- ‘Corbett practices Bikram yoga, trains with weights and, while not a strict vegetarian, can't remember the last time she ate meat.’
- ‘Bikram yoga, commonly known as "hot yoga," builds physical and mental strength, balance and flexibility.’
1980s named after the Indian yoga teacher Bikram Choudhury (b. 1946), who developed it.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips