Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The practice of catching birds, marking them with an identifying band around the leg, and then releasing them; bird ringing.
- ‘This early experiment in American bird banding paid off: Audubon was delighted to see the birds he had marked return the next year.’
- ‘Now, researchers use bird banding to track a range of avian activities.’
- ‘This fall's bird banding will take place from October 6th through the 18th.’
- ‘The Biological Survey chose Frederick C. Lincoln to manage its bird banding program in 1920.’
- ‘In a deviation from matters of classification, Walters adds a bit of commentary on the history of bird banding and lack of knowledge of the causes of migration.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips