Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Verse without rhyme, especially that which uses iambic pentameters.
- ‘I wrote a kind of heroic Shakespearean text in blank verse and rhyme about the city's history.’
- ‘He tabulated the total number of lines of blank verse, rhymed verse, and prose in each play, along with short and long lines, and lines with redundant syllables.’
- ‘She's written the screenplay in rhyming blank verse, a daring choice that's bound to offend critics hooked on ‘realism.’’
- ‘I wrote poems, sonnets in blank verse and long, narrative poems about people I knew, descriptive pieces.’
- ‘And so we study Shakespeare for the plot, and not for the incredible way in which he mastered writing and managed to write his plays in blank verse?’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips