Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Involuntary tight closure of the eyelids.
- ‘The mix-up happened when the five were being treated at Bradford Royal Infirmary for an eye condition called blepharospasm, which causes involuntary muscle contractions that cause the eyelids to close.’
- ‘A tic commonly affecting adults is a spasmodic closure of one or both eyes, known as blepharospasm.’
- ‘Medically, it is used by to treat spasticity and blepharospasm.’
- ‘Bulging of the cheeks, chewing movements, blinking, blepharospasm, grimacing, and arching of the eyebrows also occur.’
- ‘Mrs Dunne was being treated for blepharospasm, a condition which causes twitching of the facial muscles.’
Late 19th century from Greek blepharon ‘eyelid’ + spasm.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips