Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A bird or fish, especially a trout or a sockeye salmon, having a bluish back.
- ‘Waters up on the Appalachian Trail to the south hold Sunapee trout - a rare cousin of the blueback trout found only in a few Maine ponds.’
- ‘Some other common names for Oncorhynchus kisutch are coho, silver, blueback, and hook nose salmon.’
- ‘Paddling over the six sets of rapids created by the dam removal, you think of the blueback herring that spawn in fast whitewater.’
- ‘Arctic char a close relative of the trout is often found in the cold, clear waters of glacial lakes where it is referred to as blueback, Sunapee, or Quebec red trout.’
- ‘The two largest and most important of the herrings were probably blueback herring (A. aestivalis) and hickory shad (A. mediocris).’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips