1A North American plant of the daisy family that bears clusters of small flowers and is used in herbal medicine.
Genus Eupatorium, family Compositae, several species, in particular the white-flowered E. perfoliatum and its purple-flowered form, purple boneset‘Secondly, don't forget the potency and value of our local herbs such as boneset and lemon balm for treating such conditions.’
- ‘The boneset tastes like autumn pork, roasting in a pan with mint leaves, raspberry tea, and lemon peels.’
- ‘Common species include Virginia mountain mint, perfoliate boneset, and New England aster.’
- ‘While taking one of our walks, we spotted this small patch of boneset growing on the side of the road.’
- ‘Dosage: Talk with your caregiver about how much Boneset you should take.’
- 1.1British ‘Also known as common comfrey, blackwort, boneset, bruisewort, gum plant, healing herb, salsify, and slippery root, this erect-growing herb can reach a height of one meter.’
- ‘Comfrey was used by herbalists to promote more rapid repair of broken bones, hence the common names boneset and knitbone.’