Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
- ‘In the mid-sixties I changed to finishing all pigs instead of selling bonhams.’
- ‘She counted seven shillings and ten pence and she said to her son Pat: ‘I think you should go to the Fair in the morning to buy a bonham or small pig.’’
- ‘Gossip was exchanged and embellished, births, deaths and marriages were discussed and the price of bonhams and dropped calves were dissected.’
- ‘At the age of fifteen years he bought ten bonhams and fattened them and eventually increased to fifteen sows, selling off the bonhams.’
- ‘In addition, bonhams could not be fed properly because of the sows' feet problems.’
Late 19th century dialect variant of Irish banbh ‘pig’.