Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A metal block which closes the aperture at the back part of a rifle or gun barrel.
- ‘In addition to new breechblocks and hammers, the older extractor was replaced with a newer design.’
- ‘Tip the end of the breechblock downward enough for the striker to slide out the back of the block.’
- ‘The extractors eject the cartridge case and retain the breechblock in the fully open position.’
- ‘Lowering the operating lever dropped the breechblock and extracted the spent cartridge.’
- ‘This caused delay of several days, but once the new breechblocks were completed one by one the guns were rushed to use.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips