Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A phylum of sedentary aquatic invertebrates that comprises the moss animals.
- ‘This pattern is typical of most Porifera, Cnidaria, Bryozoa with coronate larvae, colonial Ascidiacea and many polychaetes.’
- ‘They are lophophorates, and so are related to the Bryozoa and Phoronida.’
- ‘It is important to note here a major difference in morphology affecting regeneration in cheilostomes and cyclostome Bryozoa, such as those described by Ostrovsky.’
- ‘It should be noted that ‘deuterostomy’ (the anus developmentally proceeding the mouth) is not unique to Deuterostomia, but is also found in Bryozoa, Brachiozoa and Chaetognatha.’
- ‘An intermediate approach was developed to describe colonial forms of Bryozoa generated through iteration of second-order modular units.’
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek bruon ‘moss’ + zōia ‘animals’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips