Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
dead body, body, cadaver, carcass, skeletonView synonyms
- ‘The forms should specifically use the term dissect and specify the use of the cadavers for medical education and research purposes.’
- ‘Also examined is the use of donated ova from aborted fetuses and cadavers.’
- ‘Five of the eight matched pairs were from male cadavers and three were from female cadavers.’
- ‘When as a medical student you dissected a cadaver, were there things said and done that left you deeply worried about the respect that you might be shown when you are dead?’
- ‘In the second study, the surgeons performed a variety of surgical procedures on a human cadaver.’
Late Middle English from Latin, from cadere ‘to fall’.