Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A primary electric cell with a cathode of cadmium amalgam and an electrolyte of saturated cadmium sulphate solution, used in laboratories as a standard of electromotive force.
- ‘Many devices are powered by nickel cadmium cells.’
- ‘He worked many years for the company and knows just about everything there is to know about nickel cadmium cells.’
- ‘The power capacity of nickel cadmium cells is not as high as some other battery types, but nickel cadmium cells are rechargeable, which reduces inspection costs.’
- ‘The endurance of nickel cadmium cells will be about half that of alkaline cells.’
- ‘Although the high power drain resistance properties of these cells particularly in cold operating conditions is not as good as the nickel cadmium cells and the life expectancy is usually 4-6 years, the cells offer weight and price advantages and make an ideal alternative for small lightweight underwater lamps for the travelling sport diver.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips