Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1Rolls of pasta stuffed with a meat or vegetable mixture.
- ‘The cannelloni with it were stuffed with barley, an interesting failure.’
- ‘The cannelloni stuffed with ricotta and spinach exhibited more neatness and care: three satiny rolls anointed with contrasting ribbons of its white and red sauces, beautifully presented nut brown and gratinated on a sizzling plate.’
- ‘Roll up the ham slices like little cannelloni and spoon over some of the vinaigrette.’
- ‘Place three of the cannelloni in the center of a plate.’
- ‘Then in a baking tray place ½ the sauce, then a single layer of cannelloni.’
- 1.1An Italian dish consisting of cannelloni cooked in a cheese sauce.
- ‘My favorite of the pastas was the veal cannelloni, dual torpedo tubes of ground veal, congealed in a creamy mushroom sauce, with flakes of Parmesan sprinkled on top.’
- ‘The Italian presence has resulted in a great popularity for pasta dishes such as spaghetti, lasagna, cannelloni, and ravioli.’
- ‘Unfortunately I also had the cannelloni which was not as nice.’
- ‘Shards of crabmeat in a cannelloni studded with celery root and clams tasted sweeter because of a broth of red chili and thyme.’
- ‘The cannelloni was a tad dry and the risotto lacked the mixed vegetables promised in the menu, with only diced zucchini and a few pieces of red bell pepper.’
Italian, literally ‘large tubes’, from cannello ‘tube’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips