Understanding Spanish On The Internet And In Email
1Of or like a tail.Scales from mid-body to the tail and the caudal and dorsal fins have black spots.; The associated hadrosaur material consists of four caudal vertebrae and a fragmentary dentary.; Their caudal vertebrae differ however, in that those of phlegethontiids exhibit a posterior displacement of the foramina.; As a result, many boxfishes cannot bend their bodies anterior to their caudal peduncles, and almost all of their swimming movements derive from complex combinations of motions of their five fins.; The decapod remains were located between 0.5 and 3.0 m from a titanosaurian sauropod dinosaur caudal vertebra.
- 1.1At or near the tail or the posterior part of the body.the caudal vertebrae
rear, hind, back, hinder, rearward
- Each trochlear nerve makes its exit through the caudal tectum (the dorsal portion of the midbrain), immediately lateral to the frenulum of the superior medullary velum.
- The body of the seventh sometimes bears bilaterally, near its caudal border, a costal pit for the head of the first rib.
- In the posterior precaudal and anterior caudal vertebrae rib shafts become hairlike structures.
- The needle is inserted into the interscalene groove in a slightly medial, caudal, and posterior direction to avoid the vertebral column and vascular structures.
- A perpendicular is erected from the end plate of the most caudal vertebrae, whose inferior end plate tilts maximally to the concavity of the curve (inferior end vertebrae).
- 1.1At or near the tail or the posterior part of the body.
Mid 17th century from modern Latin caudalis, from Latin cauda ‘tail’.