Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The strip of land between the carriageways of a motorway or other major road.
- ‘Later, a van was blown into the central reservation on the trunk road's eastbound carriageway.’
- ‘She had started to walk across the dual carriageway towards the central reservation.’
- ‘His car which was in a 40 mph zone clipped the kerb, skidded over the central reservation onto the opposite carriageway and spun into the lamppost.’
- ‘A spokeswoman for Clacton police said the Clacton-bound lorry had got stuck in the central reservation of the road blocking both carriageways.’
- ‘On the M1, near junction 39, a wagon travelling north toppled over the central reservation into the southbound carriageway.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips