Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The part of the brain at the back of the skull in vertebrates, which coordinates and regulates muscular activity.
- ‘The vertebrobasilar arteries supply the brain stem, cerebellum, and occipital lobes; the cerebral hemispheres are supplied through the carotid arteries.’
- ‘The brain includes the cerebral hemispheres, the cerebellum, and the brain stem.’
- ‘The voluntary muscles are regulated by the parts of the brain known as the cerebral motor cortex and the cerebellum.’
- ‘These changes were observed in a multifocal distribution involving the white matter of the cerebrum, cerebellum, brain stem, and spinal cord.’
- ‘The primary sites of toxicity are the central and peripheral nervous systems, with particular toxicity to the cerebellum and motor cortex.’
Mid 16th century from Latin, diminutive of cerebrum.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips