Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1informal A popular singer or group that makes a bestselling recording.
- ‘Split over two CDs the albums aren't littered with household names: it's not about chartbusters or big name DJs; it's what's happening musically, reaffirms Scott Bradford.’
- ‘The names of chartbusters like Avril Lavigne stare out at us from lines of Chinese characters on the covers of music magazines.’
- ‘I had not heard of some of the songs, and I don't think they were chartbusters, but so what?’
- 1.1A bestselling recording.
- ‘From old melodies to latest chartbusters, the crooners used to belt out all popular requests till late into the night.’
- ‘With all the right ingredients to be the next chartbuster, the much-awaited release is a true celebration of mod.’
- ‘Most recently, his chartbusters have included ‘Tears in Heaven’ (a tribute to his late son Conor), ‘Change the World,’ ‘Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight’ and ‘Wonderful Tonight.’’
- ‘While Meghna will appear in three instalments, Candy, Shazneen and Cheryl, better known as Caliche, will perform live for a total of one and a half hours, belting out Indi-pop and International teen-pop chartbusters.’
- ‘While some of these tunes were genuine pop Chartbusters, every track here was an authentic reggae smash.’
- ‘When a group of boys and girls danced to the latest chartbuster, many in the auditorium started tapping their feet.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips