A small dog of a smooth-haired, large-eyed breed originating in Mexico.‘The dogs included shih-tzus, dachshunds, lhasa apsos, bearded collies, corgis, chihuahuas, poodles, pekinese and Yorkshire terriers.’
- ‘Another Doberman, two beagles, a chihuahua, a Finnish spitz, a Westie and a retriever will also be travelling up with their owners to the competition on March 6 to 9.’
- ‘In New Zealand many pedigree chihuahuas, Jack Russell terriers, and all sorts of other dogs, little and big, are already microchipped.’
- ‘Also, if the chihuahua is still a puppy, she may not yet have the enzymes to digest the aspirin (if given in too large a dose, it can cause stomach problems).’
- ‘Domestic dogs vary in size from diminutive, 1.5 kg chihuahuas to 90 kg giant mastiffs.’
- ‘She quickly leashed the yellow Lab and the Pomeranian cross and picked up the chihuahua.’
- ‘Okay, it was less of a big dog than it was a toy chihuahua.’
- ‘Which one do you want, the spaniel with the crown or the bug-eyed chihuahua?’
- ‘Short of presenting him with a high-maintenance pet, such as a pony or a pair of chihuahuas, the presenters could hardly have burdened the man more heavily.’
- ‘No chihuahuas were hurt in the making of this story’
- ‘Three dog thieves in California thought they had got away with a litter of vicious pit bulls from an animal shelter - but ended up with chihuahuas instead.’
- ‘The bat they studied was the gray-headed flying fox, about the size of a small chihuahua and sporting a nearly four-foot wingspan.’
- ‘Yes, well, that is to say, there appears to be a chihuahua in my office.’
- ‘Back in France, he bought a villa in Marnes-la-Coquette, a suburban village, where he grew fond of tending to the grounds, reading and playing with his chihuahua.’
- ‘A chihuahua with huge eyes whistles at the audience.’
- ‘A chihuahua out for a walk in the park suffered scratches and a talon puncture when it was attacked by a hawk trained in a New York City program to scare off pigeons and rodents.’
- ‘She brought her favorite credit cards, and her little doggy, Sweetie, which was a tan-colored chihuahua.’
- ‘If I sing in a high pitched voice, my chihuahua will howl along.’
- ‘I never saw a single woman actually walking her chihuahua, they were all just carrying them in their Prada handbags.’
- ‘Our little chihuahua, Prissy, certainly was a big part of our family.’
Early 19th century named after Chihuahua.
1A state of northern Mexico.
- 1.1The capital of the state of Chihuahua, the principal city of north central Mexico; population 748,518 (2005).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips