Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in Mexican cooking) a stuffed chilli pepper, typically covered in batter and deep-fried.
- ‘For chiles rellenos, stuff the chilies with cheese, seafood, or chicken; for fajitas, toss them with grilled meats or chicken and grilled onions, tomatoes, salsa, and fresh cilantro.’
- ‘They're stuffed, breaded, and fried for chiles rellenos, but an even better way to deal with them is to roast and peel, slit them open and painstakingly dig out the seeds, then stuff and bake.’
- ‘A velvety chile relleno finds itself surrounded by a sassy purée of black beans.’
- ‘It had a substantial Latino population but also a large contingent of new arrivals from Iowa and Kansas - people who might have looked askance when first confronted with a plate of chiles rellenos.’
- ‘What's more, a chicken burrito dinner with rice and beans has an entire day's worth of sodium, and a chile relleno dinner has as much artery-clogging saturated fat as 27 slices of bacon.’
Spanish, ‘stuffed chilli’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips