Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The supposed prediction of a person's future from interpreting the lines on the palms of their hands; palmistry.
- ‘Astrology, astrotherapy, biorhythms, cartomancy, chiromancy, the enneagram, fortune telling, graphology, rumpology, etc., seem to work because they seem to provide accurate personality analyses.’
- ‘Palmistry, also known as chiromancy, is the practice of telling fortunes from the lines, marks, and patterns on the hands, particularly the palms.’
- ‘I remain open to the possibility that the ancient Vedas, Hyperboreans, or Druids might have enjoyed some special power of awareness through their skill at chiromancy, crystal gazing, or navel contemplation.’
- ‘These comparisons, like fortune-telling and chiromancy, or the interpretation of moral dispositions from the form of the hand, are to be classed among the aberrations of the human understanding.’
- ‘Smith's collage imagery in this film more directly alludes to his particular interests, drawing as they do on ‘Cabalistic symbolism, Indian chiromancy […] dancing, Buddhist mandalas, and Renaissance alchemy’.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips