Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The colorimetric difference between a given colour in a television picture and a standard colour of equal luminance.
- ‘This transform space allows luminance and chrominance to be processed separately.’
- ‘A sequence of passes separates the luminance and chrominance information from the composite video signal and demodulates the color carrier to separate out color information.’
- ‘The value of a blending coefficient for a pixel in the graphic is based on the luminance and chrominance characteristics of a neighborhood of pixels in the video.’
- ‘Color images typically have three components, corresponding to the red, green, and blue intensities, or the luminance and two chrominance components.’
- ‘Typically, each pixel is encoded for luminance, but chrominance is averaged for groups of four pixels, saving about half the bandwidth required to transmit the full-resolution image.’
1950s from Greek khrōma ‘colour’, on the pattern of luminance.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips