Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An instrument used for measuring the angle or elevation of slopes.
- ‘The DBH was measured at 1.3 m and height was measured using a clinometer.’
- ‘He rappelled it with a clinometer to accurately measure the pitch: a sickening 72 degrees.’
- ‘So they decided to go out and measure, using a clinometer made out of cardboard, a plastic straw, and a plum line.’
- ‘I used a clinometer and measuring tape to measure relative elevation and related all measurements to benchmarks nearby.’
- ‘Canopy closure was measured with a spherical densiometer and a clinometer was used to estimate slope and canopy height.’
Early 19th century from Greek klinein ‘to slope’ + -meter.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips