Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
A beetle of a family (Coccinellidae ) that includes the ladybirds.
- ‘Predaceous arthropods were tallied and assigned to general taxonomic groups: spiders, hymenopterans, hemipterans, and coccinellids.’
- ‘In their exposed position near the tip of a growing shoot, the nymphs are preyed upon by a diverse array of invertebrates such as coccinellid beetle larvae, spiders, and wasps.’
- ‘Both plataspid species are prey of the coccinellid beetle, whose larvae always detected them by contact.’
- ‘The average rate of dispersal for four species of adventive coccinellids now established on Cape Breton Island was estimated to range from 30 to 400 km/yr.’
- ‘There is growing concern that predaceous coccinellids introduced into North America may have negative impacts on native ladybird beetles.’
Late 19th century from modern Latin Coccinellidae (plural), from the genus name Coccinella, from Latin coccineus ‘scarlet’.