Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1Regain consciousness or return as if from death.
- ‘all this was of great interest to her, as if she were coming to life after a long sleep’
- 1.1(with reference to a fictional character or inanimate object) seem to be alive or real.
- ‘all the puppets came to life again’
- 1.2Become active, lively, or interesting.
become active, become lively, come alive, wake up, awaken, waken, show signs of life, arouse, rouse, stir, emergeView synonyms
- ‘soon, with the return of the peasants and fishermen, the village comes to life again’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips