Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in certain fungi) a conidium-bearing hypha or filament.
- ‘Microscopically, the fungus produces solitary oval to dumbbell-shaped conidia on short, unbranched conidiophores lateral to septate hyphae.’
- ‘For observation of conidiophore structure, coverslips with aerial hyphae and conidiophores attached were dipped into 100% ethanol, mounted on slides, and observed microscopically.’
- ‘Although the first cells from hyphae looked like conidiophores, they were slenderer than conidiophores of the wild type.’
- ‘Small round conidia were attached to short simple conidiophores, resembling lollipops.’
- ‘At the same time the mould, which comprises spore-bearing growths called conidiophores, appears on the surface.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips