A flower cluster whose lower stalks are proportionally longer so that the flowers form a flat or slightly convex head.‘this hybrid produces beautiful corymbs of white, pink-budded flowers’
- ‘The genus has some species with single flowers, but most have racemes, corymbs or subumbels.’
- ‘As the photo shows, the corymbs bloom first around the edges and the center buds open last.’
- ‘The small white flowers are borne in rather dense corymbs at the ends of the branches.’
- ‘It was weighted down by enormous corymbs of what were by now large plump green seed capsules.’
- ‘Button-like flowerheads, produced in corymbs or singly, are everlasting when dried.’
Early 18th century from French corymbe or Latin corymbus, from Greek korumbos ‘cluster’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips