An ornamental Asian shrub or small tree with pink, white, or purplish crinkled petals.
Genus Lagerstroemia, family Lythraceae: several species, in particular common crape myrtle (L. indica) and queen's crape myrtle (L. speciosa)‘We planted verbena around our crape myrtle, and it has gone wild, spilling over the edges of the concrete border.’
- ‘There is a black fungus on my crape myrtle and jasmine. Could you give me any advice?’
- ‘They're planted under the shade of a mature crepe myrtle.’
- ‘I trimmed the ends and seed pods from our crape myrtle, which is as tall as the power lines.’
- ‘The plant in your photo is growing and flowering profusely beneath a crape myrtle.’
- ‘Tall palmettos and a multi-trunked crape myrtle make a leafy canopy overhead, helping to hide the patio from neighbors.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips