Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1North American Drunk.
- ‘his party guests were pretty crocked’
- ‘By then they were sufficiently crocked on Bulgarian plonk not to notice.’
- ‘They honored some mischievous actions taken while the doer was mind-swimmingly crocked.’
- ‘It wouldn't be long before Bill would show up at some meeting just crocked.’
- ‘He and his 15-year-old brother got crocked at a party.’
- ‘On the surface, of course, the trip seemed like a fantastic lark - drive to Louisville, do some interviews, and get crocked with the good Doctor.’
2British (especially of a sports player) unable to play or perform due to injury.
- ‘he replaced the crocked captain early in the game’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips