Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Relating to the leg or the thigh.
- ‘Many patients with distal disease will require bypass grafting to the popliteal or crural arteries below the knee.’
- ‘An incision was made in the middle of the crural fascia, starting at the insertion of the Achilles tendon and extending up to the popliteal fossa to the level of origin of the two heads of the gastrocnemius muscle.’
- ‘Caput tertium may also arise from the linea aspera, long head of biceps femoris, lateral epicondyle, knee joint capsule, midfibula, and the crural fascia.’
- ‘The saphenous nerve is entirely sensory and supplies the skin on the medial side of the leg and foot via medial crural and infrapatellar branches.’
- 1.1Relating to any part called ‘crus’, for example, the crura cerebri.‘In the pentamerides, the outer hinge plates serve the function of supporting the delicate crura by connecting the crural bases to the medial portion of the hinge line.’
Late 16th century from Latin cruralis, from crus, crur- ‘leg’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips