- another term for cushy
- ‘a cush job’
- ‘cush leather seats’
- ‘He's also going to slowly gather all his other fave pals and give them cush jobs.’
- ‘They live in fear of losing that cush job and ending up back in the fields.’
- ‘Some people might think I'm crazy for leaving a cush job.’
- ‘If I wanted cush and serene, I'd get a LS430.’
- ‘Most would choose higher numbers of jobs rather than limited jobs with cush benefits for the few.’
- ‘Everyone's sitting down on their cush chair.’
- ‘They transferred me to three different correction facilities inside. I was in a really cush one at first.’
- ‘Many buses in Mexico are very extravagant and super cush.’
- ‘He has a nice cush TV job.’
- ‘I would have felt far more comfortable at the classy cocktail tables with large cush armchairs I saw for the regular clientele.’
A cushion on a billiard table.
Late 19th century abbreviation.
1(in the Bible) the eldest son of Ham and grandson of Noah (Gen. 10:6).
2The southern part of ancient Nubia, first mentioned in Egyptian records of the Middle Kingdom. In the Bible it is the country of the descendants of Cush.