Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
The posture adopted by a person who is lying down.as modifier ‘lumbar puncture with the patient in the lateral decubitus position’
- ‘The operation was performed with the patient under general anesthesia and in the lateral decubitus position with a thigh tourniquet.’
- ‘The patients were positioned in the lateral decubitus position, under general anesthesia.’
- ‘If the patient cannot sit up, order a left lateral decubitus.’
- ‘When supine, the muscle is flattened and bandlike. When decubitus or prone, the sternalis muscle is mobile and may have a bulging appearance.’
- ‘Over several weeks, he developed shortness of breath, wheezing, and dyspnea that was worse in the supine position and improved in the decubitus position.’
Late 19th century modern Latin, from Latin decumbere ‘lie down’, on the pattern of words such as accubitus ‘reclining at table’.