Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
1Purify (a mixture) by means of dialysis.
- ‘The reaction mixtures were subsequently dialyzed against 100 mM ammonium acetate solution at pH 7.4 in the dark followed by lyophilization.’
- ‘The urine was dialyzed against deionized water in 6-8 kDa molecular weight cutoff dialysis tubing (Spectrapor, Spectrum Laboratories, Rancho Domingues, CA) and lyophilized.’
- ‘The purified protein was dialyzed into 20 mM ammonium bicarbonate and lyophilized.’
- ‘Purified proteins were dialyzed into distilled water and dried down by lyophilization.’
- ‘The eluted enzyme was dialysed as above in 5 mM KH 2 PO 4 again with the necessary additives at pH 6.8.’
- 1.1Treat (a patient) by means of dialysis.
- ‘Somewhere around 1/4 of all of our patients are dialyzed that way.’
- ‘Humour, even during war, and illness, are not missing; nor is irony: the first patient to be successfully dialysed and live was a Quisling who had become ill in gaol after the Liberation.’
- ‘The morning after he's dialyzed, while still on subcutaneous heparin, he tells an alert resident about slight breathlessness.’
- ‘He was dialyzed for renal failure, and later diagnosed with irreversible renal failure.’
- ‘It's nicer for them to dialyse in a place that's not like a hospital.’
Mid 19th century from dialysis, on the pattern of analyse.