Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The condition of having a chromosome represented twice in a chromosomal complement.
- ‘We found that the rate of chromosome I disomy among vik1 spores was indistinguishable from that observed in wild-type strains.’
- ‘It may be of interest to examine the sperm of men with different sized Y chromosomes to see whether there is a relationship between the level of sex chromosome disomy and Y chromosome size.’
- ‘Some cases of AS result from inheritance of both chromosomes in the 15 pair from the father, an unusual genetic phenomenon known as uniparental disomy.’
- ‘Uniparental disomy and imprinting modify gene expression with passage through maternal or paternal meiosis.’
- ‘This leads to disomy (two copies of each chromosome) following fertilization.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips