Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A pump in which liquid is moved out of the pump chamber by a moving surface or by the introduction of compressed air or gas.
- ‘Joule, son of a brewer, invented electric welding and the displacement pump and worked with Lord Kelvin to create more accurate thermometers.’
- ‘‘A variable displacement pump gives you a very good feel for the machine,’ says Lao.’
- ‘Both models offer energy efficiency, low noise levels, high accuracy, and repeatability thanks to an electronically regulated variable displacement pump.’
- ‘The clearances in these positive displacement pumps are close; they wear quickly when abrasives are pumped.’
- ‘The company's positive displacement pumps have been designed to minimize shear, which may cause product damage and thus reduced product quality.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips