Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A reaction in which a substance is simultaneously oxidized and reduced, giving two different products.
- ‘Reactions in which atoms of the same element are both oxidized and reduced are disproportionation reactions.’
- ‘Three categories that encompass all these different redox reactions are atom transfer redox reactions, electron transfer reactions, and disproportionation reactions.’
- ‘This complex can lead to the formation of uncolored and colored dimers and/or revert back to the monomers in their ground state by disproportionation of the semiquinone radical.’
- ‘It has been shown above that sulphur disproportionation was probably active in the basin, allowing for a higher fractionation between sulphates and sulphides.’
- ‘The net differences in the entropy term of the disproportionation equilibria are small, which may reflect cancellations of components rather than lack of interactions.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips