Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of parts) arranged alternately in two opposite vertical rows.
- ‘Castilla also has plagiotropic branches that are arranged continuously along monopodial trunks and bear distichous leaves.’
- ‘Poaceae species present a conserved distichous phyllotaxy (leaf position along the stem) and share common properties with respect to leaf initiation.’
- ‘Phyllotaxy ranges from distichous to having 56 rows of leaves and is not restricted to Fibonacci numbers.’
- ‘The terms adaxial and abaxial are used conventionally, although there is no evidence of a shoot apex between the distichous leaves.’
- ‘The rockweed shown at left, Fucus distichous, visible at low tide at the Berkeley Marina in California, is somewhat smaller.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips