Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in South Africa) a doctor appointed to serve a particular district.
- ‘The magistrate resisted and Lopes had to call for back-up to get him to the district surgeon for a blood test.’
- ‘She was examined by a district surgeon and has filed an assault charge against the police in Somerset West.’
- ‘‘My grandfather was a district surgeon,’ he began.’
- ‘He had his blood drawn by a district surgeon and was detained at the Fleet Street Police Station before being released on R500 bail.’
- ‘The local district surgeon was summoned and both were certified dead at the scene.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips