Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Increased or excessive production of urine.
- ‘Loss of glucose in the urine causes osmotic diuresis, increasing urinary losses of electrolytes and water.’
- ‘Excessive diuresis might be an important cause of renal dysfunction while taking spironolactone.’
- ‘Be cautious in prescribing diuretics, as excessive diuresis may reduce stroke volume and cardiac output.’
- ‘Nurses monitor the patient closely for unbalanced fluid volume related to increased intracranial pressure or diuresis.’
- ‘However, caution is required to avoid excessive diuresis, which can decrease preload and stroke volume.’
Late 17th century modern Latin, from di-‘through’ + Greek ourēsis ‘urination’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips