Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in Britain) a bell rung in Parliament to announce an imminent division.
- ‘But it is now being increasingly overshadowed by The Cinnamon Club which can make all the difference when the division bell rings.’
- ‘Votes, which are normally sounded by the division bell, would be declared instead by ‘door keepers and police shouting and in the mansion by two gongs being sounded’.’
- ‘They emerge, of course, when the division bell rings.’
- ‘Corridors and tunnels (the main one under Bridge Street) allow MPs to get from their rooms to the great space in time to vote when the division bell rings.’
- ‘Later that morning, as the division bells were being rung, we all knew why the evening had ended on such a note.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips