Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of twins) derived from two separate ova, and so not identical.
- ‘Twin studies have shown that the incidence of asthma is significantly higher in monozygotic twins than dizygotic twins 27-29.’
- ‘The concordance rate of obsessive-compulsive disorder is also higher for monozygotic twins than it is for dizygotic twins which suggest that there is a genetic component to this disease.’
- ‘However, these studies may have overestimated the effect of genetics if monozygotic twins share exposure to more environmental effects than dizygotic twins do.’
- ‘The chance of getting dizygotic twins increases with the age and the number of births that the mother has given, so it's not so strange that when you've got 6 kids along comes another pair of twins.’
- ‘Like dizygotic twins, ordinary siblings also share approximately half of their genes; genetically, dizygotic twins are ordinary siblings.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips