Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A room or hall in which judo and other martial arts are practised.
- ‘This is only a brief hint of the larger lessons that can be learned in the Judo dojo.’
- ‘This is true in traditional Aikido dojos as well as other styles of martial arts in Japan.’
- ‘They are encouraged with the gradual increase in the number of new persons who have joined martial arts dojos this year.’
- ‘Many martial arts halls, or dojos, have wall mirrors so that students can correct their stances and postures.’
- ‘One thing I did not think of was how martial arts would influence us outside the dojo.’
Japanese, from dō ‘way, pursuit’ + jō ‘a place’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips