Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An attractive but unintelligent young woman.
- ‘They became real friends because he treated women as equals; he didn't regard her as a sexual object, as a dolly bird, which was the accepted thing at that time.’
- ‘Billie plays Angel, a dolly bird, who is the object of Jimmy's desires.’
- ‘It would be ridiculous for them to bring in some 22-year-old dolly bird.’
- ‘Legwarmers originally hit the heights of popularity in the late 1960s and 70s when dolly birds added them to their thigh-skimming minis.’
- ‘Even before the 1970s became fashionable again, I longed for shag-pile carpets, big collars, disco music and dolly birds.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips