Releasing or involving dopamine as a neurotransmitter. Drugs with this effect are used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and some psychiatric disorders; some are subject to abuse.
- ‘Its primary actions alter both the dopaminergic and the opioid systems as well as other neurotransmitter systems.’
- ‘Those who had taken levodopa or a dopaminergic agonist in the preceding two months were excluded.’
- ‘Effects of glucocorticoids on dopaminergic activity are also strongly context and regionally dependent.’
- ‘It binds to a number of receptor sites in the body, including serotonin, adrenergic and dopaminergic receptors.’
- ‘The causes of mania and depression are biochemical changes in adrenergic and dopaminergic brain messengers.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips