Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A change in frequency due to the Doppler effect.
- ‘This is simply the relativistic Doppler shift for light.’
- ‘This causes a periodic Doppler shift of the spectrum of one or both members of the pair.’
- ‘The Doppler shift happens with light as well as with sound.’
- ‘Now, physicists in England have demonstrated a topsy-turvy Doppler shift in which a radio wave's frequency rises as the source recedes.’
- ‘That pulsars are part of a binary system is indicated by Doppler shifts in the pulse period and the change in arrival time of the pulse.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips