Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A sheep of a breed with a white face and horns on both the ewe and the ram.
- ‘Imported to Australia in 1895, the Dorset Horn is one of the oldest and purest breeds to come from England.’
- ‘We introduced Dorset Horns to France in 2004 and make both available to breeders in Europe.’
- ‘The Poll Dorset was developed from the Dorset Horn and has all the same characteristics, merely without the horns.’
- ‘It is also thought that during Elizabethan times, sheep escaping from wrecks off Portland mated with the Dorset Horn and they received an infusion of Merino-like blood.’
- ‘However we still have one or two clients who want Dorset Horns each year, arguing that they are still the best prime lamb sires available.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips