Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a leaf or other part of a plant) having dissimilar dorsal and ventral surfaces.
- ‘The older second leaf becomes dorsiventral to the first.’
- ‘It has a thin crustose dorsiventral thallus.’
- ‘Despite the great diversity of leaf morphology, all leaves are defined by a flattened dorsiventral transactional symmetry, determinate development, and initiation from the flanks of the shoot apical meristem.’
- ‘A typical maize leaf can be divided along three axes, the proximodistal, mediolateral, and dorsiventral or ad/abaxial.’
- 1.1another term for dorsoventral
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips