Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An estimate of the biological effect of a dose of ionizing radiation, calculated by multiplying the dose received by a factor depending on the type of radiation. It is measured in sieverts.
- ‘Linear regression analysis was applied to assess the correlation between the dose equivalent of ionizing radiation to the whole body and MN frequency in exposed workers.’
- ‘During a solar particle event, a passenger on a high-flying supersonic aircraft can receive a radiation dose equivalent to about one chest X ray an hour.’
- ‘The total increase in cosmonaut exposure was about 6 or 7 rem, a dose equivalent to 100 to 150 days of additional radiation exposure.’
- ‘All patients had undergone X-ray examination prior to the start of therapy (effective dose equivalent for a procedure involving two film exposures was 0.4-2.4 mSv).’
- ‘All doses are expressed as dose equivalents in sieverts (Sv).’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips