Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A play in which two base runners each steal a base.
- ‘They're seldom tempted with runners on first and third to attempt a double steal, which once accounted for many thefts of home by even less gifted runners.’
- ‘The past four seasons, Piniella's Mariners teams led the American League in stolen bases, attempted steals, steals of third and double steals.’
- ‘None of the times I stole home was on the back end of a double steal.’
- ‘The A's scored on a double steal, which should have been an out at home.’
- ‘He'd scoot home on the back end of a double steal or with the pitcher in the windup.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips