Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The first level of seats above the ground floor in a theatre.
- ‘The gallery looks more like an old theatre auditorium, with a dress circle, an upper circle, and boxes on the sides.’
- ‘From my high vantage point, just about level with the dress circle, I searched for Emily.’
- ‘Scores of people, including some from the dress circle, left their seats and crowded into the space at the front of the stage where they danced the night away.’
- ‘This delicate manoeuvre brought at least one young woman from a reclining position to the edge of her seat in the dress circle.’
- ‘She said she had come early to be sure of securing seats in the dress circle.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips