Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An endless chain with links that engage with toothed wheels in order to transmit power from one shaft to another in an engine or machine tool.
- ‘A hybrid car uses a gasoline engine in conjunction with an electric motor for its drive chain.’
- ‘There's an engine, drive chain and brakes - and a controller called the driver.’
- ‘Despite having to adapt to an unfamiliar bike, Palmer finished a creditable ninth in the first race, but a snapped drive chain led to his retirement in the second race when in seventh place.’
- ‘I got my smock tangled up in the drive chain of our hanging belt one time.’
- ‘One of the drive chains jumped the sprocket and the team could not fix it.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips