Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A rotating shaft which transmits torque in an engine.
- ‘Also, since there are no transmissions or driveshafts, the engine on a compact excavator powers only hydraulic motors.’
- ‘The list included the driveshaft, rear gear, rear hub, axle, all four brake calipers, all four rotors, all four brake pads, the master cylinders, the brake lines, all four shocks and all four springs.’
- ‘They are followed in quick succession by the center-bearing driveshaft, exhaust system and underbody panels.’
- ‘The trucks have crown and bevel gear sets which are connected to the motors by automotive style driveshafts.’
- ‘Other powertrain enhancements include thin-wall, cast-iron exhaust manifolds, a stronger driveshaft and a new clutch.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips